Are your first bike rides already registered?
Congratulations! It has been one week since you’re an official member of Go Velo. We’re very curious if your first bike kilometers are already registered in our app. Did you manage to install the app successfully on your phone?
It would be a pity if you would miss the rewards, while you were cycling all the time. We’ll give you a few tips for an optimal registration of your bike rides. If you have any other questions, please take a look at the frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) or ask our support team for help (email@example.com).
Did you manage to install the app and login?
- You’re already registered, so you can download the app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- After the installation, you can open the app and you will see the login screen. You can now login with your email address and password.
Please pay attention! The email address must be entered completely in lowercase and please be careful not to use the space bar after entering your email address.)
- After logging in, you will instantly get several pop-up notifications, which allow us to access your location and data. You will have to agree with these pop-up notifications, otherwise your bike rides cannot be registered.
Please pay attention! Some phones will ask you if you always want to share your location, or only when using the app. You have to choose always, because the app must also be able to register bike rides if your phone is e.g. in your pocket!)
Are your phone settings correct?
- Go to the settings of your phone and select the Go Velo app.
- At this point you can specify whether you want to give the app access to certain settings and data on your phone. Especially the location permission is important to register the route taken. The app also requires permission on the background, not just when using the app. Make sure these settings are correct.
- In addition, the app also needs access to your data so that it can connect to your GPS location.
- When you go cycling, please check your location, internet and WiFi.
There are many different smartphones around, so it is tricky to give general instructions. We have written a manual for a number of devices, for example for the Samsung Galaxy A8 and Huawei P8. Are your bike rides not properly registered and the manual for your type of phone is not available? Then you can always mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Always mention your type of phone, so we can give you the best advice!
Did you still miss a ride?
- It always takes a moment before a bike ride appears in your overview. To speed up this process, you can swipe the screen from top to bottom. The overview will then be updated and show your last bike rides. Usually this will take about 15 minutes, but depending on your phone, it can sometimes take up to a few hours.
- What if under the heading ‘All’ it appears that your bike ride is registered as a car ride (or another means of transport)? For example, for very fast cyclists the app sometimes thinks you have made a journey by car. You can change that journey in your Go Velo app into a bike ride.
- What if it appears that under the heading ‘All’ no ride is registered? Then you can use the button at the bottom of your screen to report your missed bike ride (home-work or work-home). You can indicate whether you have cycled to work, or home, and on what day and time this was. The Go Velo team evaluates your request and adds the bike ride after approval to the balance overview. Over here, you can see that your missed reward has been added.
- Do you often miss a bike ride, or doesn’t your phone seem to register anything at all? Please contact the Go Velo Helpdesk (email@example.com). Together we will look for the cause of the problem, fit it and make sure you can enjoy the benefits of the Go Velo programme.